Why does my child need a mentor?
OP Mentors were created to “aide” within the development of the student-athlete.
We empower student-athletes pursuit of post-secondary education and/or potential in transitioning into a professional career. We will also assist and promote a solid foundation within the community with law enforcement and community leaders throughout the area, better family health, beneficial study habits, mental strengthening/enhancement, and accountability.
How does the program work?
The OP Program has various ways to execute mentorship and development.
- In school mentorship & AR Impact Seminars
- Afer school mentorship and Development Groups
- Impact Leader Workshops
- Community Enrichment Plan
- OP Impact Competitive Circuit
How Do I become a mentor?
Click HERE to fill out the mentor application.
All mentors must have complete
- Complete a background check at the local police department.
- Minimum of two (2) years as a collegiate student-athlete
- Minimal 18 months community service history
- 2 reference letters
Can I attend if I'm not a student-athlete?
OF COURSE! Increased activity and healthy living is the most important goal. Whether you want to be an athlete or want to be an active and healthy individual you and your child will be able to enjoy each event and activity in your own likeness.
How long are workshops?
Workshop day begins at 8 AM with registration and ends at 2:45 PM with departures. Each breakout session lasts a full 45 minutes. Hydration and refocus breaks will occur periodically through the day.
What do we bring to the event?
- All participants are encouraged to wear lightly colored attire or athletic apparel.
- Athletic shoe wear is encouraged. Sandals are not allowed for athletic activity.
- All Education workshops will provide material.
- Sunscreen should be applied as a precaution to prevent skin injuries.
- Hydration & Med stations will be on site
- Inhalers, diabetic aide or other medical needs need to be addressed before participation.
What does it cost to participate?
Each event and activity has different cost and fees required. If you are a family in need of tuition assistance CLICK HERE.
- Grade & Ability Level
- Best contact number
How will my child be matched with a mentor?
Student-athletes are placed with mentors based on 2 criteria
- Get Active
- Beyond the Basic
- Elite Performance
- 2nd & 3rd
- 4th & 5th
- 6th – 8th
- High School
How do I sign up?
- Contact your school Principal or Athletic Director
- Contact your local Recreation Commission
- Inquire through your club team Director
Click Here for direct questions or concerns
Should adults attend?
Parents or guardians of youth participants are mandatory to attend unless the child is attending with a youth organization, team or church group.
- There will be adult fun and games on the day of the workshops.
- Adults are also encouraged to attend and participate in the Corporate Networking Social apart of Day 1.
What is the Community Day?
The Community Impact Day is full of games, activities, contest, food, and fun! Families are encouraged to attend as a whole. On-site you can enjoy fresh produce, vendors, local entertainment and food trucks! Special guest will be active and in attendance, safety stations for the general public will be on site with the ability to ensure safety and orderly conduct.
Can my child attend if a guardian can't attend?
Yes, you will need to click here to contact the workshop coordinator. The proper instructions to confirm your child’s participation will be available. Please include your child’s name, city to be attending and grade as of Fall semester 2018.